Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Verizon on the Line

Ah, the way to start the day--my neighbor had Verizon FIOS installed recently and to accommodate him, Verizon came and stuck a large box on the wires running over my front yard, which is interfering with the replacement tree I want to plant on my property. Then, twice, the box started beeping all night and could be heard literally half a block away. Last night, in a little wind, as huge chunk of cord, maybe 30 feet and wrapped in a big ring, got detached and is now swinging over my property. There's a tag on the ring that says to call Verizon but of course, there's no phone number. How does the phone company not include a phone number? Ditzes. I called, got someone somewhere else in the country who wants a ZIP code and an "exchange" on my phone but because I have a cable phone, the exchange makes no sense. I am now really irritated and tell the guy what's going on, that I want it removed and that I plan to cut the cord to get if off my property. "You're telling me you're going to damage the cord?" is the reply, a couple of times. The testy exchange continues, he puts me on hold a while and comes back to tell me that he's told repair that I plan to damage the cord. No, dear Verizon. Just get this damned thing and the beeping box off my property. We shall see.
End of rant.

No comments: