Saturday, December 8, 2007

Catching Up

Back again. Been a little busy and a tad under the weather.

I've just signed up to a volunteer enforcer of sorts for the town. (Can't say what but it should be fun and it's a good cause.)

Teenager is doing fine, about to get her first chance to fence for her school.

I continue to be impressed by our school district--very responsive to questions. Even if I don't get what I want, at least I usually get an answer. Met several of her teachers the other night and all went well. The best part was discovering that her account of how things were going in the classroom was quite similar to that of her teachers. After meeting the teacher in her toughest subject, I sought out the bubbly elective-course one, just for balance. (Not that the first teacher was nasty or anything at all but we're talking hardnosed teacher and not great, great grades to moving over to artsy, effervescent life-is-wonderful, your-daughter-is-a-star! instructor.) Those teachers and administrators pulled some mighty long hours that day/night.

My Lab is still out of control; her latest stunt is trying to leap, joyfully, on the LIPA meter reader, so now I have to call in meter readings. That's not as bad as when she chewed the fuel sensor under the car and cost me $500; or ate the cable on the side of the house or broke the neighbor's door, or chewed through the cord to the steam iron or...well, what can I say? She's a Lab.

The front end of the car appears ready to fall off (loose bolt, bad workmanship). I need Jeano! (he's the car-repair master at the Getty station on Pulaski Road.)

No comments: