Friday, November 9, 2007

Guy Gets Away

We just had a little excitement here. Since the plates were stolen off my neighbor's car two weeks ago while it was parked in front of my house, I'm trying to keep half an eye of the street. About 11 tonight, I heard a metallic bang right near the car that had lost its plates, stood up and peered out the window just in time to see someone duck down behind the car. So I called the cops; within a few minutes, two cruisers, followed by an unmarked car carrying plainclothes cops, showed up. Do we get police attention or what?

Meantime, the guy had run off--I saw him dash away across Park before the cops came but after my watchdog(!) barked. Nothing came of it but maybe we've scared some people away. She's now forgiven for having chewed to pieces the cord needed to operate the steam iron and having caused the circuit breaker to pop when I flipped the switch, not knowing what she'd done. Dog is a whole series of postings all by herself.

No comments: